Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Chapter Excerpt

Well you have met the first three characters from the first chapter so I thought I would share an excerpt with you!


I waited on the curb at the airport, holding my purse and suitcase, watching Morgan and Evan kiss … and kiss … and hug … and kiss … and fondle each other until it was time to leave. There were more tears falling between the two of them than an entire audience exiting the movie Titanic. I watched, rolled my eyes, and shook my head as she cried like a baby. I literally had to walk over to her and tug her arm toward the terminal.
“Morgan! If we don’t leave now, we won’t make our flight.” I sighed, not believing this was the same person who less than an hour ago had danced around our room.

“Fine,” she sobbed as she stomped off like a two-year-old after a tantrum. I could only imagine how she would be in Italy, away from Evan. This was going to be a long trip.
After being felt up by security and making the long trek through the terminal, I found my seat on the plane next to Morgan. Less than ten minutes later, she had curled up into a ball and fallen fast asleep. This was only three hours after we woke up! I guess all of the tears made her tired.

I, on the other hand, wasn’t trying to sleep. My dreams as of late had become more ominous and only scattered fragments. I had a small TV on the back of the seat directly in front of me, but every movie was a horror flick, not what I wanted to watch. A few movies with subtitles that might have been interesting, and then I found it: Troy. Something about Brad Pitt in all that leather … this trip was beginning to look up.
So what do you think? That Morgan and Evan are in something if not love, geesh!

Ciao!
xoxo

Megan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post Back to Top